Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Takeover of Inflation

The 3 real causes of food inflation | Supermarket News

Remember when the dollar store products used to be just a dollar? You could find whatever you wanted or needed for just a dollar. Now most dollar stores have raised their prices to $1.25 or more. The 25 cents might not seem like a lot, but it adds up. With four items you’re paying an additional dollar, plus tax. Dollar Tree used to be a store that anybody could afford.  Due to their rising prices and not being able to live up to the name, stores like Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Family Dollar are now shutting down multiple locations due to inflation.

Inflation has become a serious problem in America, with many stores being affected by it making the cost of living much more expensive and all the more harder. With inflation getting so bad in America, stores are also forced to raise their prices. Many people around America are unhappy about this change. Loyal shoppers heard that Dollar Tree might just be raising their prices again and are not happy. 

Here in America, inflation is a vital problem. It’s not only stores like Dollar Tree that are being affected by inflation, but other places like the supermarket and gas prices as well. With food becoming so expensive, families around America are struggling to make ends meet. When stores like Dollar Tree that can provide necessities at an affordable price start to raise their prices, these families are left to fend for themselves.

You may have noticed some things aren’t as cheap as they used to be and your wallet may be feeling the change as well. Not only have our food and Gas prices risen but it’s become extremely difficult to obtain a mortgage. Most young people dream of owning their own home, but with Inflation a simple house with maybe 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms is going for over $500,000. Although this might not be the case in every state in America, it definitely is the case in the beloved Long Island and New York City.