Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Stanley Effect

The Stanley Effect

The Stanley Cup brand itself has been around for over a century, beginning its popularity during WWII. Seen as a cup or water brand within respect as a part of many campaigns of the men serving our country, including the air force and military during WWII to work forces, and now to its new launch in the largely female-dominated communities of suburban America.

The cup brand itself has launched new colors and types of bottles, as well as sizes exceeding its earlier models that fit within the ideals of the 20th century. Now such bottles are available in every color and come with even more accessories, adding to the overall revenue of the brand. This century-old brand has never been more popular than in the last couple of months. People are influenced to make such purchases based upon the “uniqueness” of the cups as well as the various sizes the brand can include. Larger on-the-go bottles are popular with the female-dominated audience. This is due to its ability to carry a lot of water that is lightweight and substantially holds its temperature through a day of work, workout, or other activities.

There is much confusion about how such a simple bottle can be sold for 45 dollars each and still fly off shelves in any market, most popularly Target. However, customers, not knowing they want Stanley’s, get one because of its popularity. Influenced by social media predominantly, the idea of a Stanley or anyone not in possession is a perfect gift and/or, most popularly during this 2023 Christmas season, stocking stuffer. The access to such trends on social media allows followers to obtain such accommodation quickly as soon as something like Stanley’s blows up.

Even though certain trends are short-lived, the Stanley craze seems to be lasting, as many skirmishes at your local shopping centers (Target, Walmart, etc.) have occurred as more and more customers wait on the shipments of this water bottle. It looks like this is a trend and selling point that will stay in 2024—a great way for this business to start off the new year!