Michael Myers Returns

New "Halloween" film hits the theaters.

Marquis White, Staff Writer

Well, it’s that time again! The fall is here and so is the horror legend himself, Michael Myers. The Halloween franchise is back with a brand new movie. Horror fans are excited as they wait for the film Halloween arriving Oct. 19. This is the first time we’ve heard of anything from the series since 2002, with the release of Halloween: Resurrection. The mid-October release also seems to be the perfect decision. Box Office has crunched the numbers to reveal that the movie should earn between 45-55 million on its opening weekend. The film had a budget of just 10 million, so these stats are very exceptional. (info from imdb.com)

The new sequel is said to be based 40 years after the first movie, in which Michael Myers finds himself behind bars and Laurie Strode has become a grandmother. The movie won’t have anything to do with anything else from the series besides the first movie. Halloween premiered in Texas at an event called “Fantastic Fest” and the responses seem to be positive all around. ComingSoon.net’s Alan Cerny states, “Green and McBride are not reinventing Carpenter’s wheel. Instead, they’re adding some torque and drive to it, and the result is one of the best horror sequels in many years.” Based on this statement alone, we can expect that the new Halloween is gonna be a fresh, but still classic take on Myers and company. (halloweenmovies.com)

Jamie Lee Curtis (Laurie Strode) stated that filming the movie had a huge affect on her. She says, “I started crying the day I arrived. I didn’t stop crying until the day I left. I didn’t expect it.” (ew.com) Jamie goes on to mention how in the process of shooting she cracked a rib. She says by the end of the shoot, her and the stuntman were both taking Advil. Not only is she giving her all mentally, but physically as well. this shows how dedicated the group collectively was in trying to make this movie as great as possible. Effort matters, especially when it comes to something like a horror classic. Jamie went into the film thinking she wouldn’t be in it much, but ended up pouring her heart and soul into the role.

All in all, most horror fans are  excited to see the film and can’t wait to see how the masses react to it. Will you be seeing the new movie? I wouldn’t want to miss it if I were you.

Marquis White, Staff Writer

Marquis White is a Sophomore at LHS. His favorite classes so far seem to be Global, Spanish, and English. He moved to Lindenhurst a couple of years ago,...