Club Fair 2021 at Lindenhurst High School

Created by National Art Honors Society

Created by National Art Honors Society

Nicolina Bilella, Staff Writer

Before Covid, it was a yearly event to display the clubs the Lindenhurst High School has to offer.  Of course it didn’t appear last year, along with everything else, but the Club Fair made a come back on October 1.  All clubs are emerging, ranging from ASL (American Sign Language) club to the Bible club.  The Club Fair occurred from 2nd period to 8th period.

Each club brought in a poster board similar to what one would find at International Day or a Science Fair.  The poster boards sought other ways to attract students to their club.  One person from each club were assigned a period at a time, including Alana Downey from the Robotics Club, Alexander Carponaro from the Computer Club, and Cassidy from the Ski Club.

Two music clubs were represented. Olivia Vetack was there for Tri M, a music honors society that performs at events. Olivia Spiwak was talking to people about Songbirds, an audition based singing group.

Lynnette Conreras served as a speaker for the Varsity Club,  Michelle Estevez from Photography Club, Meredith Shrader from the Drama Club, Maggie Verrier from the ASL Club, and Richard Melisurgo represented the Bible Club. Key Club is a club mostly based on community service, and Jackie Santos answered questions from interested students. Sini Lou was there for Model UN, a club replicating the real United Nations solving real problems, and Jabrielladiaz represented National Art Honors Society.

Club Fair is a great way for students to see all or most aspects of Deca and other clubs.

— Veronica Merchelski, the Treasurer of Deca

All of the clubs above and in general are looking for new members.  The club fair is a great opportunity to display all of the choices freshman or any other student can take in and possibly join.  Model UN just celebrated just about 20 kids signing up at club fair.