Lindy Prom 2023

Anastasia Baez, Staff Writer

As the end of the year approaches, seniors are less than one month away from the most mesmerizing event of our last year of high school. Those attending prom have already purchased their tickets and have likely bought their prom dress or suit and are preparing themselves for a night to remember for the rest of their lives!

Most students are more excited to have a few teachers being invited to join them. This year’s prom is taking place at the Bethpage Heritage Club, Farmingdale. The venue consists of a beautiful dining hall, an impressive sequence of the halls and rooms, and an outstanding view of the golf course. Seniors will be having a “cocktail” hour at the beginning of their night leading up to a fun, upbeat, party. Photo booths will be available to students all night to remember the night before moving forward into a new chapter of their lives.

On the other hand, prom is frequently known to be questionable, meaning that some people debate about whether or not to attend. So the real question is, why is going to prom worth it? At first glance, I was considering not going but then I realized that it’s one night and our last year of high school before everyone goes their separate ways. So with that being said, I believe that if you are a senior, then you should go because after graduation, you may never see your friends again and everyone is starting a new chapter sooner or later and are moving on. Overall, prom should be a night to remember, dress up, be yourself, and most importantly have fun!