Senior Citizen Prom

Emma D'Antonio, Staff Writer

This spring, on April 14, Student Council held their 26th Annual Senior Citizen Prom. The prom was held at the Lindenhurst High Schools cafeteria at 7 o’clock. The theme this year for the prom was the Oscars.  Students from National Honor Society and Student council both attended.Over 100 senior citizens attended the prom this year.

The delicious food for the prom was cooked by Mr.Viggiano, Mrs. Lipari, and Mrs. Reismiller.  For appetizers they had pretzels, watermelon tomato onion mix on a cucumber slice, and mini hot dogs. For dinner there was steak, pasta, roasted potatoes, and string beans. The seniors really enjoyed the steak.  After dinner, the seniors were served dessert. There were cookies, coffee, and tea. At the prom, the senior citizens voted for their friends at the Rainbow Center for an award,  just like the Oscars. There were two of each award for male and female. The awards were for the most tech savvy, perfect hairstyle, best old timer, etc. The senior citizens also voted for a king and queen. Before the senior citizens went into the cafeteria to have dinner, they were out in the rotunda having appetizers and punch. Maddie Kamme, a Student Council member said this year’s prom was definitely better than last years prom. Maddie said, ¨Yes, much better the decorations were classier, the food was better, thanks to Vigg, and overall I think the seniors enjoyed it more this year and that’s all that counts.”  This is a great community service event that shows how Student Council does more than just participate in the school.